Saturday, 9 November 2019

THE ETHICAL AND MORAL IMPLICATION OF ALLOWING PEOPLE WITH MENTAL RETARDATION TO HAVE CHILDREN

I believe everybody deserves love. I believe that we all deserve to find that one person who can make us feel special. Someone who will love us and whom in return we will love back and make feel special.

That said, I do not believe that everybody should reproduce. There are many healthy human beings who despite being healthy do not have any business having kids. There are many people who are not just healthy, but also sane, who still have no business having kids.

Not everybody is fit to have kids. Kids are a responsibility. They are not a reward for being alive, neither are they in this world to bear the burden of avenging your failures.

Children are not a legacy.

Children are little humans who need mentally, emotionally and financially fit parents to grow up to become mentally, emotionally and financially fit adult themselves, and still not all of them will have any business with being parents.

The man in this picture has no business being a parent. He can be loved and cared for by a woman who WANTS to love and cater for him. But having kids is a no no.

The man can't even take care of himself. Of what help will he be to the mother of their children?

Even among healthy couples, the woman bears the brunt of raising the children. I can only imagine the enormous work a woman would have to do in order to raise children and take care of a mentally unstable husband.

I do not wish it upon anybody. Perhaps upon my enemies, but that too would be extremely cruel.

I support the right of everybody to live.
I support the right of everybody to live with dignity.
I support the right of everybody to love.
I support the right of everybody to be loved.

But I will never support the right of everybody to have children. Not everybody is fit to have children.

This man in particular is an example of a human being who shouldn't be allowed to reproduce.

No comments: