Saturday, 9 November 2019

MY SEXUALITY IS MINE AND NOBODY ELSE'S

My name is M. and I'm not a virgin.

I'm not a prude, and I'm not a freak.

I have sex with the men I date.

I also have sex with men I'm not dating.

I don't feel guilty for having sex.

I only regret having sex with a couple of men.

Sex is important to me and plays a big role in a relationship.

But sex is also something I can forgo.

I can stay for years without having sex.

I still get sexual urges.

I'm not made of wood.

I think about sex.

I dream about sex.

I talk about sex.

I cannot be shamed for having sex.

My sexuality is mine.

I have owned it.

I experience it.

I share it.

But I never lose it.

I don't loan it out either.

It is mine and mine alone to keep and enjoy.

------------------

One of the salient points of feminism is sexual freedom.

Every woman should be able to experience sex in whatever way she wants.

Those who like to have it every day should be able to do so.

Those who don't want to have it often, should also get to decide on their own.

Those who do not want to have it at all should be left alone.

But most importantly it must be recognised that sex is not something that can be taken away from any woman.

It is hers and hers alone.

A woman's sex is in her brain as much as it is in her vulva.

It is part of her essence. You cannot strip her of a part of her essence.

A woman's consent means that she is willing to share this part of her with you.

A woman's lack of consent means that she doesn't want to share this part of her with you.

NO is NO.

It is not maybe.

It is definitely not a yes.

Sexual liberation does not mean that every woman is now available and willing to have sex at any time.

Sexual liberation means that women can now decide when and with whom they want to have sex.

-----------------

My name is M.

And I'm sexually liberated.

No comments: