Friday, 1 November 2019

ABOUT HOMOSEXUALITY...

You get angry when people say:

- If you don't want a man to hit you, you, woman, need to keep quiet;

- If you don't want to get raped, you, woman, need to dress decently;

- If you don't want the police to shoot you, you, black person in America, need to behave well;

- If you don't want white people to discriminate against you, you, African person, need to stay back in Africa;

Yet, you have no problem saying:

- If you don't want people to harass and bully you, you, homosexual, need to keep your sexuality private.

In other words, you are telling homosexuals: "IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE JUDGED, YOU JUST NEED TO HIDE YOURSELF AND WAIT UNTIL THE SYSTEM REALISES THAT IT'S PREJUDICED AND WRONG".

Then what's the point of feminism?
What's the point of Black Lives Matter?

What's the point of being activists if the system will eventually come around by itself? Why do we even bother to expose ourselves to insults by racists and misogynists?

The hypocrisy around homosexuality needs to stop.

Homosexuals have as much right as any other group that is being discriminated, subjugated and persecuted to stand up and say: "I AM NOT THE PROBLEM. YOUR OPINION IS THE PROBLEM".

Let homosexual people be. Let them do what they want to do and say what they want to say.

I want to read about how Chike met Mark and fell in love with him at first sight,

I want to read about how Mark also thought Chike was awesome, but couldn't bring himself to say it because he was too shy.

I want to read about how Bola held Amaka's hand for the first time and realised that she didn't want to let go of that hand ever again.

I want to read of the time Ovie had a one night stand with a man he never saw again and had to deal with the shame of being "used and dumped".

I want to read about the time Lola caught Sade cheating on her.

I want to read about their loves, adventures, disappointments and victories.

I want to read these stories because I also want them to read mine. We need everyone to tell their stories because, no matter what, gender, race or sexual orientation cannot change that fact that we are all human beings.

I want to read and hear their stories and if you don't want to, simply scroll down or shut your ears.

But you cannot shut them down.

No comments: