Tuesday, 5 November 2019

MOST POOR PEOPLE WHO MAKE IT OUT OF POVERTY GO BACK TO BEING POOR BECAUSE THEIR MINDS ARE ALSO POOR

A few years ago, I read a story on this space.

A rich woman met a poor man. The rich woman took a platonic interest in the poor man and started acting as his benefactor. She would take care of his bills and take him shopping.

Today, rich woman and poor man are no longer talking. Why?

Because poor man felt the need to brag and lie to his friends that he was sleeping with a woman who had been nothing but good to him.

I bet he is still poor.

-----------------

My own story.

I had this friend I met in 2013 when I moved to the UK. When I started having issues with my uncle, he was the only one who was nice to me and helped me. He got me my first job and even loaned me money to buy my bus pass. I became infinitely grateful to him.

I never hesitated to help him whenever he needed help. At some point all the help became one sided but I felt it was OK. After all, he had supported me in a very difficult moment of my life.

Today he and I are no longer friends. Why?

Brother had lied, stolen and manipulated the shit out of me for three and a half years.

I told myself: "Perhaps he did what he did because he doesn't need me anymore".

Turns out brother, without me in the picture any longer, had turned to his cousin to get the financial aide he would have otherwise gotten from me.

I bet he is still poor too.
-------------

70% of lottery winners will end up broke and file for bankruptcy. They squander their money within a short period of time and revert back to poverty within a few years.

---------------

Not only does poverty take a toll on our physical state, it can totally fuck up our minds. It can make us so greedy that we are no longer capable of thinking on a long term basis. We can only think of today, of the moment.

"Carpe Diem."

This condition is what we call poverty mentality.

When a poor person comes across a large sum of money or an opportunity, their immediate need becomes that of buying every single thing that they have always wanted, but that they could not afford.

They have the means. They could obtain all of those things and still remain rich. All they have to do is spread the purchases across time and invest part of the money to make more money. However they want the things now, so they buy the things now.

Shaquille O'Neal spent $1,000,000.00 in 30 minutes after signing a deal with a trading card company. After a phone call from his accountant, he got his record straight.

Today Shad has a PhD in Education because he realised that he could not afford to be an uneducated rich fool. The chances of going back to being poor were pretty high.

Mark is worth over $13 billion, yet he has a 30 year mortgage on his house. His house costs $5 million. That's nothing for him, but he'd rather spread the cost in 30 years and invest the remaining part of his enormous wealth.

Bill Gates used to fly economy even after he had become a billionaire.

Poverty mentality is a disease. I have my reasons for being wary of poor people. I have seen first hand what poverty can make people do. Poverty makes people angry, envious and wicked.

A rich person will think twice before acting stupid. Poor people have nothing to lose.

The most horrible people I have ever come across in this life were all poor. Surprisingly the well to do ones were the nicest.

So, spare me that nonsense which says that poverty has some virtue to it. There is no joy or virtue in poverty. It is a curse, a disease. It kills the people who are suffering from it and can even kill the people who want to save others from it.

If I hadn't cut ties with that friend, I probably wouldn't be enjoying my current standard of living because I would always be loaning him money.

Poverty kills.

No poor man fashioned against me shall prosper.

No comments: