Friday, 8 June 2012

Dear Love: Loving You


Dear Love,
                 I once wrote you a poem to celebrate you and all the affection that in you I had found. Then I hoped you’d forgive the simplicity of my words. If you ever got to read it. I appear as a child in crush for the first time and laughed sometimes as I noted down my feelings.

That poem contained all of the most sincere and strongest feelings I had ever had and they were for you.


Remember me as the one who loved you the most.
Even as the candle light grows weaker,
Melting it away in its length and life.
Time may be the worst enemy to passion,
But now it’s all we’ve got.
It’s just you and I suspended in space
And translated by the power of a never stopping time.
Then, now or later: it doesn’t matter.
The profundity of your eyes has sent me on rapture.
I am hypnotized by those wonders of creation.
How can a man like me, made of flesh and bone,
Have so much ascendance on me?
Are you an angel or a devil?
Whatever you are, you are gifted with a power
No mortal should be for its might and danger.
I am like a toy in your hands:
Move me, shake me, cease me.
I can’t fight back.
The marvellous sound of your voice is like that of a mermaid.
It silences and pauses everything.
Only my heartbeat pollutes it with its assonant rhythm.
Tum tum! Tum tum! Dancing to your melody.
You are Jupiter, I am Pluto.
I can’t help being close to you.
Physics explains it’s the force of attraction,
But, damn!, this is more than I can bear.
My desire of you is becoming my insanity,
Erasing my mind of any sensible thoughts.
I LOVE YOU!
My heart is shouting it, while my body suffers.
It hurts. You alone comfort my soul
And appease my pain.
If this is love, I have never felt it before.
So beautiful, yet so disheartening, agonizing and mind breaking.
My Love, there are words I’d like you to hear
And engrave in your memory as long as you live.
“I am the one who has loved you the most.
There might have been other women,
But since they are no more, I claim the right to be your most devoted lover.
For any love any you  are offered, I offer double.
I am determined to remain the first, no matter what it takes,
‘Cuz to love you is an honour that I accept with humility and submissiveness.
Now and forever”.

Eternity is where we are heading to, but it’s also where we are already. Two lovers, holding hands, dancing and singing to this love song. The only music even the gods can’t resist. So why should we poor mortals do?

You weren’t, then you were, now you are and forever you will be.

Forever yours,
                        Me!


No comments: