Tuesday, 5 November 2019

DON'T BE LIKE TUFACE. KEEP YOUR DICK IN CHECK

In 2006, when the news that Tuface had yet impregnated another woman broke out, I remember vividly that everybody joined hands to castigate the women and call them cheap.

I also remember the day that my mother and I were at TBW's house, with some other guests, and all of them were busy calling the women names, while neglecting to see the bigger picture with the bigger problem.

Then, at barely seventeen, I brought it to their attention that those women had nothing to lose, since they weren't the ones with a career. Tuface was the famous one. He had an image to protect. I could walk past these women today and not even recognise them. But I can bet everything I have that I would spot Tuface in a crowd of thousands and recognise him from miles afar.

The women, including my mother, looked at me and concluded as usual that I didn't have sense. What could this stupid seventeen year old bimbo know about reputation and especially about a woman's honour?

Myopic Nigerians. If only they could see beyond their limited minds and thinking faculty. I suppose they can't, otherwise they would.

Tuface had managed to do what only a handful of Nigerian artists had succeeded in doing. He had broken into the international market with his hit "African Queen". The song was even featured in the movie "Phat Girlz" with Moni'que. He had become more than just a household name. He was the face of Africa. Then his personal life took a turn for the worst.

Nigeria might tolerate philandering men and even praise them, but the international scene does not have much consideration for men who exercise poor control over their reproductive abilities.

Baby mamas and baby daddies are two things that the West associates with black people, who in turn the Americans associate with poverty and illiteracy. Only poor and illiterate black men and women litter their lives with kids.

White men and women are single parents. Black men and women are baby mamas and baby daddies.

With Tuface's display of foolishness and sexual irresponsibility, he simply fostered the already damaged reputation of black men around the world: irresponsible animals who are only good at impregnating women and abandoning them to take care of the children all by themselves.

Tuface might have set things straight later in life by eventually getting married to his long time girlfriend Annie, with whom he had two more children, totalling his children to seven; but the damaged had already been done.

Let's not forget that while Annie was pregnant, Tuface still went back to one of his exes to impregnate her. Could he be a bigger idiot than that?

His music career suffered. His endorsements suffered. Tuface had even been chosen for an ad that promoted safe sex. I am sure that those sponsors still regret their choice till date.

All these reasons were why I was not in the least surprised when I read this extract from one of his interviews. His sexual recklessness ruined his career and almost ruined his life.

Tuface could have been a much bigger artist than he is today, but toto nor let am see road.

We all know that he is still fucking around. But at least the man has finally learned how to wear a freaking condom.

No comments: