Wednesday, 20 November 2019

NIGERIANS ARE NOT AS GOOD AS THEY THINK THEY ARE

I laugh when a Nigerian wants to claim that they are so good. No Nigerian person received a pristine upbringing. We are all lacking in something. And the ones who won't admit their flaws are the worst among us.

Considering that more than half of Nigerians are poor, chances are that they were taught how to survive, but not how to love. Loving someone and feeling responsible for someone are not the same thing. You feel responsible for your parents and siblings doesn't mean you love them.

That's why I take love from poor people with pinch of salt. It could be a strategy to get something from you and discard you when they no longer need you.

If you grew up in Nigeria or was raised by Nigerian parents who never came to terms with their own childhood trauma, you certainly inhaled and internalized some of the toxicity.

Except for psychopaths, children are born in a neutral state. Character is formed. Depending on your upbringing, level of intelligence, personality and instincts, you can become a person of poor, average, good or high character.

Right now as it stands, nobody in Nigeria is of a high character. Even the so called men and women of God or Imams are nowhere close. Those ones are barely managing to rise above abhorrent.

You think you are a good person because you are good all the time? 🤣 Dude, that's a textbook response to trauma. Nobody is good all the time. Even the best people are not good all the time.

Would you believe me when I say that I'm not even as good as I used to be? Until a couple of years ago, I was a better person than I am today, in terms of character. I wore my badge of integrity and honour like a lioness. But today? Mba. And ironically, I have shedded most of my internalized toxicity. As my behaviour improved, my character suffered.

"Everybody on this Facebook is so toxic. Nye nye nye."

News flash: even Zuckerboy is toxic. He gave you a free platform but monitors and dictates what you can or can't post. He owns every single information you have ever put on here and he reserves the right to sell them to companies and traders.

Your politicians are toxic.
Your parents are toxic.
Your friends are toxic.
Your lovers are toxic.
Your teachers are toxic.
The entire world is toxic.

Living in denial won't change it.

All of us join for this mess.

No comments: