Tuesday, 5 November 2019

WE WILL RESPECT THE CHOICE OF ANY WOMAN TO BE OR TO NOT BE A FEMINIST, AS LONG AS SHE IS NOT PERPETUATING FALSITIES

1. I am not a feminist because I do not believe that men and women are equal.

Equality of the sexes is not a subjective matter. It is not something that requires your belief in it. It is what it is: a fact.

Men and women are classified as human beings, and this is enough to put them in the same category as far as evolution goes. Besides the different biological roles they play in the continuation of the species, men and women, on an average, are equally able and capable.

2. I am not a feminist because I believe that men are the head of the home.

Aunty, if you want to make your dog the head of your home, please do, but limit this headship within the confines of your home. Stop trying to drag 3.7 billion women under your nonsense headship.

instead, say, "I am not a feminist because I believe that my husband is the head of our house", and we nor go disturb you. Las las we will tell you that you can still be very informed about your rights as a woman, mother and spouse even if your husband makes most of the decisions at home.

3. I am not a feminist because I don't think women need equality but equity.

Women are not human beings with special needs. We are not limited, physically, intellectually or mentally. We needn't concessions by the state, neither do we need a push. All we want is the same opportunities as any man out there to prove our worth. If we fail, we fail as individuals, if we succeed, we also succeed as individuals.

4. I am not a feminist because I believe in gender roles.

Gender roles are detrimental to both men and women. In Nigeria, men are responsible for the death of many women, but in that same Nigeria, the strict gender role that the men have to observe is the cause of death of many of them.

Imagine a man dying from stress before he turns 40. The life expectancy of an average Nigerian man is a few years over the age of 50.

Do you know what it means to spend your entire life pursuing wealth? Not to mention that you live in a country where wealth is not accessible to the common man.

It's either you are born into wealth or you have to count on the benevolence of those who were born into wealth.

It's a race in which majority will die trying. Nigeria is home to only a handful of people.

Even if I wasn't a feminist, I still wouldn't involve myself with any man who believes in gender roles. I don't have the time or patience to pamper anybody's ego, neither do I want to die doing the endless job of taking care of the house.

5. I am not a feminist because of the things I read on social media.

My dear, you read stuff about your religion every day. Even in the church where you worship, you have witnessed a lot of nonsense from your pastors and church members, but your faith is still strong.

So, madam, go and sit down. You nor get case.

---------------------

When you are asked if you are a feminist, simply say yes or no. And if you are asked why, make sure that your explanation is sensible. Because nobody has ever given a good reason for not being a feminist, men and women alike.

In fact I am starting to think that women who are not feminists have low IQs. As in see the kind thing wey them dey vomit for mouth.

"I am not a feminist because I don't believe women are kings. Women are queens, while men are kings."

Annie, besides a lesson in feminism, you also need a lesson in the English language.

-------------------

In other news, my weekend was fun. How did yours go?

No comments: