Monday, 12 April 2021

SOCIAL HEIRARCHY DETERMINES WHO CAN OFFEND AND WHO MUST FORGIVE

Why is easy forgiveness expected from the most vulnerable and dependent members of the society?

Have you ever asked yourself why the ability to forgive is such a big deal when it comes to women, children and youths?

Do you think that it's a coincidence that these people are expected to forgive even in the absence of accountability and apologies?

Why are people quick to call women, children and youths who do not forgive wicked, but act more lenient towards men, parents and elders?

Why do men/boyfriends/husbands, parents and elders see the refusal to forgive by these people as an act of defiance and disrespect?

Why do they hate it when their actions, authority and assumption of infallibility are questioned?

Why do the people who rank higher in social hierarchy feel entitled to forgiveness, but demand accountability and apologies when they are at the receiving end of the offence, especially by someone who ranks lower?

--------------

The people who made the rules were not stupid. They knew exactly what they were doing.

I do not demand to be forgiven easily. On the contrary, I'll pick offence if I offend you and you never bother to inform me or communicate your hurt to me.

I demand accountability and I expect to be held accountable for my actions.

I do not see forgiveness as my right.

I'd rather you told me to my face that you hate me, than feign likeness. If you say you have forgiven me and you carry on to say shit behind my back, you and I will have serious problems.

But this is me.

Everybody is different.

No comments: