I was not too familiar with Ruth Bader Ginsburg prior to her death, and for that reason I deemed it unnecessary to write anything concerning her demise. I do this for any celebrity or famous person that I never spoke about when he or she was alive.
However, I must ask this question. Why are people calling her death a loss? She was 87. She lived a long and fulfilling life. At that age, any death could be easily considered a natural death. I want to believe that her advanced age played a big role in her fight against the tumour. Had she been younger, her chances of survival would have been relatively higher.
I find this whole view of her death as a loss a tard farfetched. I understand that she was a symbol of fearlessness and strength, but I do not think that we should view her death as a tragedy, but as life taking its course . She left too much behind for us to miss her. The achievements that she made while she was alive are far greater than any other achievements that she could have made in the few years she had left to live.
We should be focused on celebrating her without sorrow or melancholia. The woman was phenomenal. I mean the woman was there for the legalization of gay marriage. Enough of crying over the few more years that she would have lived naturally.
She earned her spot in history and exited with a bang.
I read that they are erecting a statue of her in her honour. They should have done it while she was alive. She'd have had some well deserved ego boost from seeing herself so tall and so mighty.
I didn't know this woman that much, but I'm not saddened by her death. Instead I'm inspired. I'm in awe. She gave us her all, and that all is too much of a gain to even think of her death as a loss.
For a woman who contributed so much to forging a whole generation of women, she deserves a farewell of smiles and applauses.
Save the tears for those who never got the chance to prove their worth.

No comments:
Post a Comment