Monday, 5 April 2021

A TRUE ACTIVIST IS EMPATHETIC

I'm not a feminist because I have a mother, sisters cousins, aunts, etc..

I'm not even a feminist because I'm a woman. I'm a feminist because I recognize the oppression of women as a group of people. For that same reason I support the LGBTQ community, children's rights and the disabled's rights.

Coming to my post to tell me about how you joined the protests because you have a father, brother or son says a lot about your understanding of human rights. That's why most of you are calling a homophobe a heroine and are turning members of the LGBTQ community away from the protest. 

"They will derail the fight."

These people are profiled based on their perceived sexuality but they cannot carry a placard that says that their perceived sexuality does not deserve hate and it's not an excuse to be harassed?

You all don't hate oppression. You just don't want to be at the receiving end of it. If you could be the oppressors, you'd be fine with it. As long as you, your family and husbands are not being oppressed, you wouldn't give a damn about human rights. 

After all, some of those men protesting are abusers, paedophiles and rapists.

Some of those women too are rapists, paedophiles and abusers (househelps, staff and kids).

Many of you will spend the day shouting for your lives and for the lives of your loved ones and go back to your homes where you take pride in your power to oppress another human being.

So much for "this is a fight for everybody".

Everybody indeed.

No comments: