1. Say it with confidence.
2. Repeat it over and over again.
3. Get an important person to support you.
Nigerians are intellectually lazy. They do not like learning. They hate to research for themselves. They would rather you told them than attempt to study any topic by themselves.
"Tell me what to look at. I can't be bothered searching and discerning."
And if we hear something from multiple sources, it is finished. We won't bother anymore. Let not one of these sources be a figure of authority, then it becomes law.
"Even our pastor talk am o."
Over the years I have heard a crowd chant rubbish. And some of the most fucked up things I have ever heard were said by the so called pastors.
Even the friend who claimed to know what good character is did not know the definition of character. She meant behaviour, instead she said character because that's what she had been hearing.
Intellectual mediocrity is a disease. I could never understand why people would buy into an idea of which they do not have an understanding.
How many of the people who criticize feminism, know what feminism is?
How many Christians or Muslims have read their holy scriptures from the beginning to the end?
How many people know the etymology of the words they use in the name of writing/speaking big big grammar?
How does it make sense to say that Atheism is a belief?
When did all Atheists become science inclined?
I have been active on the internet for almost two decades and this mental stagnation still bothers me.
The reason why you think that Nigerians get dumber and dumber with age, has nothing to do with mental regression. Their intelligence simply stopped growing as they grew older. Their brain does not reflect their age. Which means that you will often come across men and women in their 40s who reason like teens.
On an average, I make no less than ten trips to Google every day. I often research stuff I already know just to make sure that I still have the correct information.
You have a smartphone. You have data. You know how to browse. What's you excuse? Why are you still spewing crap? Why are you still buying into notions and ideas you don't know shit about?
Those who know have the responsibility of educating the ones that do not know. Even if you are only knowledgeable in one subject, please, still manage to divulge it.
It is immoral to keep your knowledge to yourself. I know that you cannot force people to learn, but your effort alone to put it out there will be a huge step.
I admire people who care about educating other people. They are the true heroes in our society.
In a society where stupid people control information, there can never be progress.
May the universe continue to be kind to the anti-conformists, the free and critical thinkers, and to those who push for a world where equality and justice are the norm.
As for my own personal mission, I will continue to educate on the subject of psychological composition of a person.
It's not under my nose that any of my friends will be ignorant.
And may I never have any friends who will contribute to my intellectual stagnation.
2. Repeat it over and over again.
3. Get an important person to support you.
Nigerians are intellectually lazy. They do not like learning. They hate to research for themselves. They would rather you told them than attempt to study any topic by themselves.
"Tell me what to look at. I can't be bothered searching and discerning."
And if we hear something from multiple sources, it is finished. We won't bother anymore. Let not one of these sources be a figure of authority, then it becomes law.
"Even our pastor talk am o."
Over the years I have heard a crowd chant rubbish. And some of the most fucked up things I have ever heard were said by the so called pastors.
Even the friend who claimed to know what good character is did not know the definition of character. She meant behaviour, instead she said character because that's what she had been hearing.
Intellectual mediocrity is a disease. I could never understand why people would buy into an idea of which they do not have an understanding.
How many of the people who criticize feminism, know what feminism is?
How many Christians or Muslims have read their holy scriptures from the beginning to the end?
How many people know the etymology of the words they use in the name of writing/speaking big big grammar?
How does it make sense to say that Atheism is a belief?
When did all Atheists become science inclined?
I have been active on the internet for almost two decades and this mental stagnation still bothers me.
The reason why you think that Nigerians get dumber and dumber with age, has nothing to do with mental regression. Their intelligence simply stopped growing as they grew older. Their brain does not reflect their age. Which means that you will often come across men and women in their 40s who reason like teens.
On an average, I make no less than ten trips to Google every day. I often research stuff I already know just to make sure that I still have the correct information.
You have a smartphone. You have data. You know how to browse. What's you excuse? Why are you still spewing crap? Why are you still buying into notions and ideas you don't know shit about?
Those who know have the responsibility of educating the ones that do not know. Even if you are only knowledgeable in one subject, please, still manage to divulge it.
It is immoral to keep your knowledge to yourself. I know that you cannot force people to learn, but your effort alone to put it out there will be a huge step.
I admire people who care about educating other people. They are the true heroes in our society.
In a society where stupid people control information, there can never be progress.
May the universe continue to be kind to the anti-conformists, the free and critical thinkers, and to those who push for a world where equality and justice are the norm.
As for my own personal mission, I will continue to educate on the subject of psychological composition of a person.
It's not under my nose that any of my friends will be ignorant.
And may I never have any friends who will contribute to my intellectual stagnation.

No comments:
Post a Comment