Tuesday, 6 April 2021

LET THEM BREAK UP WITH THEIR FAMILY BY THEMSELVES

Are evil mothers in-law trending again? 

Why are you pissed that a man would put his mother on a pedestal, when you also agree that mothers are sacred?

Anyway let me drop this. 

There is something that Shallon Lester always says. Something that I woke up to this morning and started pondering on. And it has to do with one's involvement with a man or a woman who belongs in a toxic family. 

She says, "Whatever the case may be, never be the reason why a man no longer speaks to his family. If the family is so bad, let him do the break up by himself". And I agree.

Many strong headed women like myself might take pride in how they are able to put their man's toxic family in check, but you might want to know that there is nothing to be proud of. You are being used. Yes, the man is a coward who doesn't want any responsibilities, and would rather you played the part of the villain instead of stepping up and doing the needful for his peace and that of his partner.

There are many reasons why I broke up with part of my family, and one of those reasons is the obligation to provide a peaceful place for any man I end up with. I don't want him to struggle or feel the need to prove himself. I wouldn't want a man to put me through that kind of ordeal.

I took full responsibility for my relationship with those people and owned it. 

If you are a woman or a man, and you are having issues with your in-laws, the biggest problem is your partner. He or she has not done the needful, and gets off watching you wrestle with these monsters, while they come off as the victims of the whole situation. They are not victims, but accomplices. And they might even be worse than the family that they claim to hate.

No comments: