Saturday, 10 August 2019

WIFE, YOUR MONEY IS YOUR FAMILY'S MONEY

Woman, you have money sitting in your account doing nothing, yet your husband is covered in debts in order to take care of you, the kids and to cater for all the expenses.

Let's starts with the story of an ex friend of mine whom I'll call Beggar.

Beggar likes to brag about how his wife is from a rich home. Beggar lives in the UK, while his wife lives in Nigeria with their two children. The wife used to own a shop before they moved to Lekki, now she's a non-earning housewife.

Beggar has always been the one to cater for the family in everything: food, rent, school fees and yes, he used to replenish his wife's shop too. It would seem this shop was just there for fancy.

There came a time they had to move out of their old house and they needed money urgently. Beggar was desperate. Besides a low income job, he did runs on the side and became addicted to begging his friends for money. But back then, despite all his efforts, he couldn't meet up with the expenses

Surprisingly his wife came to his rescue. Beggar had no idea that his wife had such money in her account. The woman was hoarding while he was suffering.

Today, beggar is still owing me, his cousin and his bank. And his wife is still there hoarding.

I encourage women to be financially independent, but I also encourage independent women to be generous.

How can you have money that you can use to help and sit and watch your husband borrow money to take of things you should be involved with as well? What sort of wickedness is that? Mr Man, if you are married to that kind of woman, I'm sorry to say this but you are closer to your grave than you think.

As a single woman, I can't even stand to see my friends struggling financially. It's something that irks me. I don't even wait for them to ask me for help. Why put them in the position to beg you for help in the first place? As a friend, you should sense the alarm and intervene on your own.

If I can do this, despite not being under any obligation to do so, what's your excuse as a wife? Why are you even married in the first place? You made a lifetime commitment to love and to cherish this man, yet your husband's life is fading away slowly due to stress and your wickedness.

Talk about greed, nobody is greedier than me. I want everything.

Talk about hoarding, nobody saves more than me. I have a set target.

But talk about being kind, I believe in giving. That person might not even repay me or help me in return should I be in need tomorrow, but I am of the conviction that a kind gesture can trigger a chain of good deeds.

Your chain of good deed, as a married woman, is supposed to start with your husband, but your bastardry is a bastard.

An independent woman whose husband is a beggar, is that one an independent woman?

No comments: