Saturday, 17 August 2019

NOTHING LIKE SOCIAL MEDIA FEMINISTS. A FEMINIST IS A FEMINIST

Unlike what people think, there is nothing like social media femminists. There are just women who claim to be femminists and, under the femminist movement, make claims and express their dis-satisfaction and their ideals.

I am a proud femminist and I live my life like one. I don't even have to say it for people to know I am one. No one will say I hate men, because I take delight in talking about men and their wonders. I know femminists who are straight, married and mothers. I am a femminist but my type of person does not priotise relationships, neither do I obsess over marriage and kids. But that's just the kind of person I am. I will always advocate for equal rights and will always be a pro-choicer but I don't see myself acting all desperate and virtuous just to prove that I don't hate men and that I'm not bitter.

I abhor the patriarchal system. It's oppressive and not absolutely functional. If you blame femminists for high divorce rates then the southerners had every right to blame the northerners for their poverty. The north fought for unity and abolition of slavery. The north won and all of a sudden the southern economy went down the drain. No one to work in their fields because ther whole region relied on slave labour.

If you make a fallacious system the very foundation of your society, economy and politics, you have no one but yourself to blame if that system succumbs to progressive ideas.

Absolute monarchies succumbed to modern states which later succumbed to constitutional states. The royals and nobles were not happy but it was a necessity for these countries to advance.

In 1650 rural agriculture and human labour succumbed to machines and industries. The workers were not happy. They attacked and destroyed machines but today the Industrial Revolution is regarded as one of the best things to have happened in the history of humanity.

We talk about the Glorious Revolution, the French Revolution, the two world wars and the fall of the wall of Berlin. Do you think everyone was happy? Entire countries were overturned to welcome a new era. However this era is still a work progress.

Like it or hate it, patriarchy is not our final destination and I am a person who opposes it. I am a femminist, not because I am a woman but because I am a human being who believes in a progressive and equal society.

I won't give up the fight.

No comments: