Wednesday, 11 September 2019

WHY DON'T YOU DROP YOU ALPHA-NESS THEN?

There are many women who have subdued their alpha personality just to have a man in their life. Howver, like I said, there is always a stretch limit. Some alpha females can endure for months and some even for years, but, at the end of the day, they always reverse back to their default settings and that's because you can't change who you are.

I'm not submissive. I'm not humble. I don't love unconditionally. It's not just in my nature. No matter how hard I try, I can't be a good Nigerian wife. So, chances are that I might never get married and, instead, just continue to experience series of short term relationships.

Am I willing to accept this? Of course not. The problem is not the lack of alpha males. The problem is the society that has raised alpha males to be threatened by alpha females. I'm sure there are confident alpha men in Nigeria because I have alpha females on my list who are married or in relationships but I know for sure that these women still have to deal with ugly social bias that these men haven't gotten rid off.

That's why we must destroy the notion of gender roles. A couple must not always be made of one sub-par (woman) who merges into an individual (man), it can also be made of two individuals who intersect to create a life in common.

Until then, we will continue to live in a society of extremely unhappy people. 

No comments: