Sunday, 15 September 2019

I'M SHAMELESS ABOUT HOW I LOVE

Written, July 2017

Someone, right now, is trying to shame me for loving  a man who hasn't been mine in a long time. He wants me to cower and admit I'm wrong for hoping. Sorry bro, but this feminist is not giving in to your silly and unintelligent logic. Your trials are just as futile as your efforts to unsay the said and undo the done.

I don't care for love but I love that I can love and I love that I can love like I love even more. It's a privilege that not everybody has, like the person trying to suppress my beautiful ability.

What can a serial adulterer know about love? What does a man who can't see a woman without feeling the need to sleep with her know about love? What does a misogynist know about love?

Kingsley dear, you are turning forty this year and you know what they say about fools who have managed to make it this far. It's too late for you to become a human being worthy of any respect and kindness because the poverty that has eaten deep into your mind and your thoughts won't let you see the beauty of a selfless love like mine;  rather you want to ridicule it because making a mockery of my romantic naivety will make your lies appear to be true. Well, let me tell you this: I'm proud of that naivety so allow me to be a fool in peace. 😂

I worked hard to be able to love like this. I don't want to go back to those days when I'd hold my emotions prisoner for the fear of being hurt and perceived as weak. To hold back is to lose and to lose is to deprive oneself of such a wonderful experience.

And as for that man who feels big telling me things I already know just because he feels he can, I just have a few words. You are not blunt or straightforward but just callous and, quite frankly, stupid. People like you who are so quick to speak their minds are also the type who don't take it lightly to retaliation. If a mere "go to hell" could make you hang up and retreat for a year, I wonder what the words I have in mind for you right now would do. But no matter how hard you try, I won't let you cloud these beautiful days with your disrespectful negativity.

"You dey find wetin dey my mouth but nor be for my mouth you go hear."

Because of the life I have envisioned for myself and the service I have decided to render to humanity, I won't allow anger and resentment earn me a bitter and adverse soul. Everyone must join me to celebrate my victories. 😉

Misogyny is a curse, but the ignorance behind it is the real bastard. This strong woman, however, won't let it bother her.

Let me love until I can't love anymore. Nobody can deprive me of this experience because it is my right. I have earned it and I'm keeping it. And if bothers you so much, let me ask you, IS IT YOUR LOVE?

😂😂😂 This feminist loves hard. She lingers but she always arrives at the finish line where she closes the chapter and walks away perhaps to start another race. Like I said, I don't care for love but if it comes I won't reject it either.

My love is pure. My love is raw.
#WomenWorldwide
#FeministLoveIsTrueLove

No comments: