Monday, 16 September 2019

FUSSY DATER

I'm quite fussy as a person, so I care a lot about the appearance of the men that I mingle with. I have had a couple of guys who were not conventionally good looking but they took very good care of themselves and dressed well.

And because I care a lot about what my men look like, I also care about what the women who were once romantically linked with these men look like. It helps me evaluate them in terms of standards and character.

When one of my exes tried to come back, I couldn't look past the fact that he had been engaged for five years to a girl I didn't repute to be attractive, especially when he started dating this girl shortly after we had broken up (I was still trying to patch things up). My feelings for him died the instant I saw a picture of the girl.

This year, when I found myself again in a similar situation, I didn't take it lightly with this particular ex.

Even though we had been broken up for a couple of years, I couldn't get over him. I couldn't find a guy that passed him in level of attractiveness or chemistry so I was just stuck, hoping that we could get back together and try and work out our differences.

This year, though, I found out he was engaged. I was heart-broken but what hurt me the most was the manner in which he spoke to me. Perhaps I sound like an asshole, but a man whose fiancée looked like that should never have spoken to me with disrespect. My hatred for him and for her (there is more I won't discuss now) was instantaneous.

I have no problem with rejection. It's part of the game and, even after a no from one man, I'll still go for another man if I think he's worth it. But please, make these men dey look face. I don't subscribe to the school of "see finish". I know in what league every single one of my exes fall into and I can never compare some with others. But these niggas be tripping.

I know my worth and whether man don see me naked or not cannot displace me from my level. So when this ex failed to do something that he was supposed to do (story for another day), I hit him hard: 40% for not fulfilling his promise, 60% for disrespecting my royal swag.

Even when it comes to cheating, the woman has to be as attractive as or more attractive than I am, otherwise we are done and the guy becomes my sworn enemy for life.

That's how I roll.

Is there any other person who shares this trait with me or am I the only proud bitch in town?

No comments: