Tuesday, 17 September 2019

REASONS I'D DIVORCE

1. He insists that I change my name.

We should have discussed this before marriage, but if he decides to become a witch after marriage by the virtue of now being my husband and therefore my head and master, I'll divorce him and waka away.

2. He wants a piece of my assets.

Time for a divorce.

3. I lose assets in non business related transactions.

Time for a divorce. Men have been the downfall of many women.

4. He insists on having just one joint account against my advice of having a joint account plus our personal accounts.

5. He complains that I don't cook.

Time for a divorce. If the food the cook is cooking is not good enough, go and cook it by yourself.

6. I start looking less attractive.

I do not want to have children so there is no reason why my looks should depreciate all of a sudden within a few years of being married. Oga is obviously using my beauty to shine at night.

Time for a divorce.

7. He cheats on me once with an ugly woman.

8. He cheats on me twice with a beautiful woman.

9. He summons family meetings to settle disputes.
I have come to accept that patriarchy runs in the veins of even the most educated Black men, including the ones that have lived abroad and experienced racism first hand. So as far as the man is not a hardcore patriarchal prince (kings are a no no) and he's not a complete idiot, I will try my best to enlighten him and tolerate some of his misyarns. But these ones that summon family meeting where in laws will be pressing my head?

Time for a divorce.

10. Invites a pastor to settle our disputes.

If we are in Nigeria at that time, I will have both him and the pastor arrested. He, for being stupid enough to call a pastor on an Atheist and intelligent woman; the pastor because he must have collected some form of token before he embarked on this journey of lies, deceit and manipulation.

11. He insists that I go to church with him.

If they are not cooking every Sunday, don't disturb me. I need a reason to go to church and the word of God is not a reason.

12. He gets a promotion to a useless place and wants me to relocate with him.

Shey this marriage thing is forever? So you won't remain there forever. When you finish, come back and meet me. I will be here to welcome you.

13. Nags.

Time for a divorce.

Did I forget anything? 🤔 Tell me if I did, abeg.

No comments: