Someone wrote about women who shower their husbands with praises even when the man stinks more than a camel's butthole, and I'd like to add my two cents.
I remember when I was going through all that shit with my mother. The advice I got from her family, her friends and her pastor was to always praise her in public and tell how much of a good mother she was. I was supposed to lie that our relationship was great and that if I didn't, people would see me as a bad daughter.
And that was because in a social hierarchy, the subordinate bears the brunt of every situation.
As a wife, if you complain of your husband, you will get the blame for not trying hard enough. Because men don't treat good women wrongly. If your husband is not doing you right, you must have done something to deserve it.
As a child, if your parents are not loving you like they should, it means you are a bad child.
Social hierarchy sucks but like I have mentioned in an earlier post, the power it holds is illusory.
After all said and done, I refused to lie. I was hated for it and earned myself a terrible reputation but where are these people today? What roles are they playing in my life?
I pay my rent.
I feed myself.
I clothe myself.
I treat myself.
And most importantly, their hatred is nothing compared to the love I have for myself.
Self love is da bomb.
Self love helped me to jump back on my feet after the horrible betrayal I suffered a few months ago.
Self love might not be common sense because it's selfish and it tells you to always put yourself first, but trust me, a little senselessness now and then won't hurt you.
If you talk say your husband na wash, wetin go happen?
Proud mother/wife on your Instagram bio, yet no trace of his marital/fatherhood status on his.
I remember when I was going through all that shit with my mother. The advice I got from her family, her friends and her pastor was to always praise her in public and tell how much of a good mother she was. I was supposed to lie that our relationship was great and that if I didn't, people would see me as a bad daughter.
And that was because in a social hierarchy, the subordinate bears the brunt of every situation.
As a wife, if you complain of your husband, you will get the blame for not trying hard enough. Because men don't treat good women wrongly. If your husband is not doing you right, you must have done something to deserve it.
As a child, if your parents are not loving you like they should, it means you are a bad child.
Social hierarchy sucks but like I have mentioned in an earlier post, the power it holds is illusory.
After all said and done, I refused to lie. I was hated for it and earned myself a terrible reputation but where are these people today? What roles are they playing in my life?
I pay my rent.
I feed myself.
I clothe myself.
I treat myself.
And most importantly, their hatred is nothing compared to the love I have for myself.
Self love is da bomb.
Self love helped me to jump back on my feet after the horrible betrayal I suffered a few months ago.
Self love might not be common sense because it's selfish and it tells you to always put yourself first, but trust me, a little senselessness now and then won't hurt you.
If you talk say your husband na wash, wetin go happen?
Proud mother/wife on your Instagram bio, yet no trace of his marital/fatherhood status on his.
No comments:
Post a Comment