Sunday, 15 September 2019

HOW I KNEW CHRIS ATTOH SCREWED UP HIS MARRIAGE

You know when they say: "Always listen to both sides of the story before you judge"; well, I needn't. After listening to Chris Attoh's interview on Instagram, I have no atom of doubt that he is the reason why his marriage ended.

Chris screwed up and Damilola refused to put up with him.

I have spent less than three decades on Earth, but I have been through quite a lot and, if I have learned anything from my past experiences, it is that the people who go about demanding for forgiveness and respect, have definitely done something that does not warrant forgiveness and respect.

On a good day for a typical African man like Chris, who likes to remember the Bible only when it's convenient for him, his declaration would have been met with sympathy from every man and almost every woman on the dark continent. However, Chris chose a bad day to make those remarks and the days will continue to be bad, I'm afraid.

There is an awakening going on and it's calling for every woman to stand up and assume the position. Chin up! Stop being a beta: it's time to be an alpha.

I had my suspicions that Damilola was an alpha female. Chris's interview simply confirmed them.

Not too long ago, men and women would have been calling for Damilola's head and demanding that she goes back and begs her husband for forgiveness.

Now, instead, we are in a generation where there are many women and a fewer men who read Joro's, Mamalette, BOM, Stella's, Amanda's and other relationship related pages, who screengrab the most ludicrous stories, who post them on their Facebook walls and who laugh at them. I am one of them. We laugh at the woman who desperately wants to earn herself the appellation of a "wise and virtuous woman" and of the man who wants to be seen as a "man". Because as far as their understanding goes, it's a man's birthright to misbehave, while it's a woman's duty to forgive.

Comments are not exempted from criticism.

Among the comments we scout for the single ladies who are willing to throw their dignity into the gutters for some dicknity. We scout for the married women who are looking to validate their marital lives - so full of sorrow and so devoid of joy. And finally we scout for the men who are seeking justification for their misdeeds.

All these people face harsh backlash and a lot of derision.

We are a minority compared to the general African populace, but we laugh out really loud. Our laughter is so loud that we have managed to gain recognition, as well as the blame for everything that is going wrong in Africa.

Right now Chris, we are also laughing at you. Why did you have to shoot yourself in the foot? Couldn't you just shut up?

Are you suffering from TPS, ED or BC? Get help. But don't come out to embarrass yourself like that again.

You will always be fine, trust me, but, damn it, why did you have to be so dumb too?

No comments: