Linda: Hey, Monica, long time. How are you?
Monica: I am fine o. And you?
Linda: I am fine too. What's up with you now? How is life? How is work? How is loooove?
Monica: Well, life is good and so is loove. I got married last year.
Linda: Ehen, and you didn't invite me.
Monica: I heard that you moved to another state, so I thought that you might not be able to come.
Linda: That's true though.
Monica: Are you back now?
Linda: No, I just came to visit my family. You know, I work where I live now. That's actually the reason I even relocated. What about you? Are you still working at that law firm?
Monica: No, I resigned.
Linda: I understand. Sometimes it can be really hard to juggle between work and minding the kids. That's why I'm all for getting a help, a nanny and even a driver.
Monica: Actually I don't have any kids yet. We are still trying to conceive.
Linda: So why are you not working? You should make the best of this time to advance in your career.
Monica: It's just that my husband does not want me to work.
Linda: OK. But I still don't think that's a good idea. This country is tough and life can be unpredictable.
Monica: Ah, are you wishing me bad? Or are you praying for my husband to lose his job or die?
Linda: No, na. Why would I wish you such a thing? I can never do that.
Monica: Then mind your business, madam independent woman. And for your information, my husband is a millionaire and he takes very good care of me. I travel abroad for holidays. I wear expensive clothes. I live in a mansion. What else can I ask for?
Linda: You are right. You couldn't ask for more. I'll see you around then.
Monica: See you indeed. Meddling feminist.
*Monica is truly married to a rich man but none of their assets has her name on it: not even the car that her husband bought for her. Monica is a lawyer. But Monica is now married, so Monica nor get sense again. We wish Monica well and we hope that life continues to be good to her.*

No comments:
Post a Comment