Saturday, 19 October 2019

MRS PATRA ARCHY LEARNS...

Patra: Look at them. What is #wifenotcook ? So, now, women should not cook for their husbands again? Na wa for these feminists o. They will not talk about FGM or pay gap. Na who dey cook for house them wan dey fight for.

*Next day Patra goes for a job interview*

Manager: Miss Archy, your resumé is impressive. I don't think we could find another candidate who is more suitable for this job.

Patra: This is good to hear. I myself can't wait to start this job and my husband will be elated.

Manager: You are married?

Patra: Yes, I am.

Manager: Any kids?

Patra: Two, actually.

Manager: Well, in this case, I think we may need to review your application further.

Patra: I thought you said that I was the best candidate?

Manager: Yes, but you are also a candidate with responsibilities.

Patra: Like any other married person. But that doesn't mean that I can't do this job.

Manager: We both know that it's different for women.  I mean you have to cook for the family, look after the kids, clean the house, do laundry. You know how it is around here.

Patra: My husband and I have made arrangements for that. We have a help and a nanny.

Manager: This job might require you to work till late or even weekends. We don't want to disrupt your family life and interfere with your duties at home.

Patra: I am more than just a cook and a housemaid. I'm a woman for Christ's sake. A human being. A person. My credentials should matter more than my marital status or whether or not I have kids.

Manager: I'm really sorry Mrs Archy, but I have made my decision.

*Patra later learned that the job was given to a man who is married with four children*

No comments: