Just like I do not feel sorry for any man or woman who is beaten, disfigured or murdered by a person he or she wanted to deceive, milk dry and then dump like a used sanitary pad. And by saying so, I'm no way victim blaming. Because as far as I am concerned, they are not victims. Instead they are scum of the Earth who had hoped to get away with doing something terrible to another human being, and ended up badly instead. They are the real criminals.
They are criminals who take advantage of a society that is too quick to dismiss people's pain under the cloak of self righteousness.
"Leave it to God."
"Move on."
"Forgive and let go."
There is victim blaming. When we blame the victim of a crime where the culprit had not previously suffered any emotional, mental or physical harm in the hands of the victim, then we are doing victim blaming. But in any other case we are not.
Rape a is terrible crime, but we wish rape on rapists.
Murder is a terrible crime but we wish death on rapists, terrorists and murderers.
Theft is bad too, but we don't feel sorry when looters or thieves are robbed.
We generally frown at actions that demean, debase or trample on the rights and dignity of another human being, but not when this human being is a piece of shit to begin with.
There is legality and there is morality. Just because there isn't a law that says that certain actions are punishable does not mean that in fact those actions are not punishable.
When you married man, hide your marital status, your fatherhood status, woo a single woman and promise her that you wish to have all of those things with her, and in return she invests time, emotions and finances - not to mention the talk with parents, friends and colleagues about you - only for her to find out that you have been lying all along, you deserve to be punished.
When you hoodrat from a poverty stricken home, hide your repulsion for man because you need him to keep paying your school fees and rent, buying your books, and feeding you and your parents, and so you accept his marriage proposal, only for you to turn around and remember, once you have earned your degree, that he is unpolished, uneducated and embarrassing to be seen with, you deserve to be punished.
These set of people are emotional criminals. And until there is a law that actually punishes them, and I don't mean that nonsense civil law that allows you to sue an ex partner for breach of promise to marry, I mean a law that recognizes that the damages that these awful human beings cause are the equivalent to a stab or a gunshot, then I won't be caught dead telling any of these victims "You shouldn't have done what you did".
The man who was bathed in acid is not so different from a robber who got shot by the person he or she was attempting to rob.
I am a proponent of personal responsibility. Should I decide to shoot a person dead today, I'd do it without an atom of regret. And I wouldn't plead for mercy. I'd state my reasons for doing it, then I'd accept my punishment.
So these deceivers, liars, manipulators and human wastes should accept what happened to them as one of the many shit that can happen to you when you try to fuck with people.

No comments:
Post a Comment