Saturday, 11 December 2021

WHITE PEOPLE APPRECIATE NIGERIAN CUISINE

I found out during a casual conversation that my supervisor, a Polish man, likes Nigerian food.

During his days as a student, he lived with two Nigerian men who introduced him to our cuisine. To date he still orders food from a local Nigerian restaurant.
His recent order consisted of pounded yam, gari, beef stew, stew with assorted meat, etc.
He even mentioned that he makes poundo and eba by himself.
I was so impressed by this revelation that I wanted to give him some baby girl tips on how to make swallow with microwave and this man legit told me, "No, you have to make it in the traditional way: on the fire".
To say that the thing shocked me in my bone marrow eh.
Thank God those two Nigerian men did not introduce him to mortar and pestle o.
Otherwise, this man would be suffering himself with a task that can be done using food processor and other modern tools. 😂

No comments: