1. Create a separate email address for your social media handles.
Shortly after I had started advertising my services here on Facebook, someone tried to hack into my account. Obviously, they must have thought that the email address that I use for business is the same one that I use for my social media handles. It's not.
Make sure that whatever email address that you use for your Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/etc, is one that you do not give out to people frequently.
2. Do not add people you cannot recognize as friends.
One of Facebook's security checks requires that you identify the names of your friends correctly. A few months ago, I had to help a friend recover his Facebook account. We spent two days trying to log in. Not only had the number that he had chosen as his main number been lost to someone else but his registered email had also been lost as he couldn't remember his password. His only option was to identify his friends. We had to make several attempts before we were able to access the account.
3. Choose a username.
Your username is the word that comes after Facebook dot com. You can personalize it. If you go to your messenger, you will see the option to edit or choose one.
Instead of your email address or phone number, you can use your username to log in. This is another way of protecting your personal data from prying eyes.
-----------------------
Let's start today with wisdom, knowledge, and productivity.

No comments:
Post a Comment