Saturday, 2 October 2021

DESCRIBE THEM WITH A NICE WORD

One day I was speaking with a friend and mentioned someone to her. I asked her if she knew this person and she responded, "Oh, that u**y person?" I had to pause the conversation and lecture her on the importance of using kind adjectives to describe people when they have never wronged her or anyone that she knows.

Besides, this is a person with so many qualities who has achieved so much for themselves. You know this well enough, but you couldn't mention any of those qualities to describe them. Instead you had to choose the one aspect you find unflattering about them. That's bad.
I asked her if she would like it if someone used an unflattering adjective to describe her and she replied "no". So why did she describe this person like that?
If you know you are fond of doing this, stop. I could understand if you don't like the person. But then people will lie that someone is something they are not just because they don't like them.
Try and be nice when you have no reasons to be otherwise. And try and see the good in people.

No comments: