Sunday, 11 December 2022

FUCK YOU, BIDEMI

 Back in 2012, I became friends with this guy who didn't think much about his words before expelling them.

The first time he misspoke he compared me to the lady in the pictures and insisted that I'd become like her when I grow older. He meant in physique. Knowing my type of body and knowing what the lady looked liked, I rebuffed him with conviction. But dude wouldn't give up.
The issue wasn't that the lady did not have a good physique. She did but there was no way that I could grow to become as fat and thick as her. I'm slightly taller than her and almost devoid of fat in my upper region. To be honest, the comparison made no sense since even my mother, whom I look like and whom he saw very often, did not look like the lady.
The second time he misspoke, we were having a random when, out of the blue, he made a comment about my smile and concluded with a very unflattering one about my face.
Until a few years ago, I had been very insecure about my face. Hormonal acne dealt with me so much that I struggled to accept compliments about how beautiful my skin looked several years after the condition had passed. And now this dude was saying this. That was it. I ended the friendship right there and never spoke to him again.
I had also sent him a message to explain how badly he had hurt me.
He replied: I said I'm sorry. If that's not enough, I don't care.
Lol.
Sometimes I think about this episode and just laugh. I had met this guy through an ex-boyfriend, and even though he never pressured me to get back with his friend after I broke up with him, I sensed that the two must have spoken about me A LOT and concluded that I was not all that. Even the ex had been disrespectful a couple of times.
Also, I had heard them gossip about people and it was not pretty at all. These two young men in their 20s spent an entire afternoon saying nonsense about random people.
Smh.
Anyway, if his plan was to devalue me so that I wouldn't feel like I deserved better than his friend, then he failed.
My issue with his friend was never about his looks. He was cute even though he was lacking in personality. It was rather the absence of valuable grey material in his skull that made the relationship a total pain. We hardly ever had any meaningful conversations and when I tried to engage him, he'd spit out some very ignorant stuff. The most annoying part was that he thought of himself as such a (street) smart guy. The worst.
And no matter how ugly and unattractive he had made me felt, I Mavis would never have seen his stupid friend as a godsend.
Anyway, dude got married a few years ago.
I don't know if he's still friends with the ex.
And no, his wife is not as pretty as me. 🤣

No comments: