Monday, 6 January 2020

WE NEED TO REFORM THE MARRIAGE INSTITUTION

Marriage Reforms I'd Endorse

1. Treat it like the contract that it is.

The whole point of getting married is to legally document your relationship with someone, and, as such, the two parties enter a legally binding contract. Like any other contract, marriage comes with clauses and conditions under which it is valid or it is void. Except that those clauses do not take effect automatically like they do in other types of contracts.

As a matter of fact, the individual party will have to seek legal assistance to dissolve a marriage that has in fact already been dissolved due to a breach of contract.

All a marriage needs to be dissolved or voided is the proof that the other party broke one or more of the clauses stated in the marriage contract.

Divorce proceedings should not take months or years, instead there should immediate dissolution of the marriage in the face of a breach of contract.

2. Marriage license should be subject to renewal.

Marriage license should be valid only for a limited period of time, and after it expires, the couple would have one year to renew it, otherwise the contract would automatically cease to be valid and the marriage would be dissolved as a result.

3. Spousal support should be paid only if the couple agreed that one person should not work.

If I didn't ask you to stop working and made efforts to get you a job, after the divorce, you are leaving with your broke ass. I don't owe you shit.

-------------

If I think of something else, I'll add it.

No comments: