Thousands of black people are put in jail every year.
- White men are jailed too.
- White men are jailed too.
Thousands of black people are still victims of police abuse.
- White men get abused too.
- White men get abused too.
Thousands of black men have been killed unjustly by the Police.
- White men are killed too.
- White men are killed too.
Millions of black people are victims of systematic poverty.
- White people are poor too.
- White people are poor too.
OK. OK. What's your problem bro?
- Nothing. I just want to remind you that white men suffer too, you know.
- Nothing. I just want to remind you that white men suffer too, you know.
This post is about black people.
- Yeah, right. Everybody is alway talking about black people. Nobody ever talks about white men and their own problems.
- Yeah, right. Everybody is alway talking about black people. Nobody ever talks about white men and their own problems.
Well YOU can talk about white men.
- No, I don't want to talk about anybody. I just want you to stop talking about black people all the time. Or you start talking about white men too.
- No, I don't want to talk about anybody. I just want you to stop talking about black people all the time. Or you start talking about white men too.
People talk about white men's problem all the time because white people's problem are just people's problem.
- Just like black people are people.
- Just like black people are people.
Yes except that black people are people who are not treated as people.
- Well, that's what you think.
- Well, that's what you think.
It's not about what I think. It's about what I see and witness everyday.
- Maybe you only notice the nasty things that are done to black people because you are racist. You hate white people so you never see the nasty things that happen to them.
- Maybe you only notice the nasty things that are done to black people because you are racist. You hate white people so you never see the nasty things that happen to them.
So you are saying that I hate white people because I want black people to be treated as people?
- No, you hate white people because you are always attacking white men.
- No, you hate white people because you are always attacking white men.
How does talking about white privilege become an attack on white men?
- Because it's not their fault that things are the way they are. Besides not every white man benefits from white privilege.
- Because it's not their fault that things are the way they are. Besides not every white man benefits from white privilege.
So you know that white privilege exists. Do you think it's a fair system to people who are not white?
- There are a lot of people who are not white. But why are black people always the ones complaining? Why can't they just, you know, try other ways?
- There are a lot of people who are not white. But why are black people always the ones complaining? Why can't they just, you know, try other ways?
Like which ones?
- You know. Stop protesting so much. Stop disobeying the law so much. Start going to school. Get a job. You know stuff white men also do.
- You know. Stop protesting so much. Stop disobeying the law so much. Start going to school. Get a job. You know stuff white men also do.
You read about the black doctor who was discriminated against by a stewardess because she didn't believe a black person could be a doctor?
- Yes but then that black person took it to the internet and made the whole incident a black people issue. Anything happens to a black person it becomes a black person issue. But when something happens to a white person it is treated as an individual issue.
- Yes but then that black person took it to the internet and made the whole incident a black people issue. Anything happens to a black person it becomes a black person issue. But when something happens to a white person it is treated as an individual issue.
So black people do not have issues that are strictly related to the fact that they are black?
- Perhaps but if I were to listen to you, I'd believe that all black people are unhappy because they all face these issues but I have met some black people who have never had any of these issues and are very happy. In fact all the black people I have met are all happy and living just like people.
- Perhaps but if I were to listen to you, I'd believe that all black people are unhappy because they all face these issues but I have met some black people who have never had any of these issues and are very happy. In fact all the black people I have met are all happy and living just like people.
So we don't need #blacklivesmatter?
- No, bro. Cuz #alllivesmatter.
- No, bro. Cuz #alllivesmatter.
*Shake my head and walk away*
No comments:
Post a Comment