Wednesday, 30 August 2017

BEGGARS CAN'T BE CHOOSERS

I believe we all have a preference for the type of person we'd like to be with, but more than often our choices do not reflect this preference because we are not in the position to choose.

Narrowing the issue down to Nigerian women, well, we have the highest standards when it comes to the perfect man, but most times we fall short of that expectation.

Whether we like it or not, money is very important when it comes to choosing a partner and I'm not talking about his money; I am talking about your money.

Many Nigerian women do not have their own money, so they make it a primary expectation which the man has to meet. These women have a list of very good character traits which unfortunately they end up making secondary criterion because money is essentially what they lack. They feel the need to be completed in this aspect, rather than complemented in what really matters; so they end up convincing themselves that as long as they are comfortable, they can "make" the man into their heart desire. More than often they fail. Nigeria is not a country where women change men. On the contrary women are asked to change to suit the kind of man they end up with.

I decided long ago that I wouldn't allow myself to be in a position where I wouldn't be able to choose the kind of man I want in my life so I worked hard. This is my starting point in which I'm quite comfortable and I know I can't go lower than this. As long as I can pay my rent, bills and personal expenses, I'm relieved of the financial worry and can actually focus on an important aspect which is a man's character. Also I can comfortably leave a relationship if it doesn't make me happy.

"A break up can leave me angry but it can never leave me hungry".

Beggars have no choice ladies. Make your own money so that you can choose the kind of man you want. You won't be scared to start together from scratch if the scratch is your initial comfort. This can be the very first step to making healthy relationship choices.

Make your dough and believe me you won't regret it.

No comments: