Tuesday, 4 September 2007

Is Love Love And Also Love?

There is a word we use so often; it has become a necessity for the survivor for the human species. But yet, despite it is just a....one word, there are a lot of its types.

I love my family but definitely I am not interested in having a baby for my father or brother, or uncle or cousin. I love my friends but I'd never give my life for them. I love my best friend but not enough to leave my boyfriend for him. I love my boyfriend and I want to spend the rest of my life with him: have kids with him, grow old and die with him. I love animals but definitely not for mating and killing myself for them. I love nature but I still come first in the divine order. Love. love, love. It is always love but while I am ready to do a certain thing for my family, friend or my boyfriend, I can't even think of doing that same thing for my favorite music or movie star. But I swear I used the word "love" to describe my feelings towards everyone. Well i guess then there must be something wrong. It's either me who can't distinguish between love and simple affection or it's this love of a thing that is big enough for everyone. The first is true, but the second is even more true.

The Italians are smart. They have found another expression for families, friends, pets, etc. The Englishes are instead big "cazzoni" (you won't find the meaning in a dictionary, but it's Italian). They have chosen to use just that simple 4-letter word to express different type of sentiments.

Let's list them:
Love for your family;
Love for your friends;
Love for your boyfriend:
Love for your favorite artist;
Love for your pet;
Love for all the things in the word.

Family: I am ready to make sacrifices to keep its honor high. No matter what they do, I always find it in my heart to forgive. When I am asked to choose between them and something else, it's always natural for me to choose them. I'd give my life for them.

Friends: I am always there to lend a shoulder for them to cry on. Friends that are really worth is are worth all the sacrifices in this world: even my personal ambitions. No matter how boring it might be, I am always there to listen (ma non fino alla sfracellamento di coglioni).

Boyfriend: At that moment of your life, he means everything to you. You feel a great attraction towards him. You want him to be the father of your babies. You want the world to know about him. You even get to the point of organizing an official ceremony inviting as many people as you can just for you to make your union with him a "legitimate" one. He is always the number one in your thoughts.

Favorite Star: If only you had the chance you could give up all you have worked for in a life time just for a second with him. Crazy!

Why is it like this? Na me or na love? Maybe na me. Yes! Perhaps it's really me. My personality can also determine the way I love. I might be the type who leaves everything for my boyfriend or the type that fucks him off when I meet my favorite star. I might be the one who chooses to keep her friends or fuck them off for my new boyfriend. I might be the one to make sacrifices for my family or fuck them off for something of less value.
I might be this or that or this and that but definitely It's always love that makes me do whatever i do.

So after writing so much, I am still here as confused as ever trying to understand what makes the love for my family different from that for my friends. Where is the limit? Or isn't there any limit? Is that why we have cases of incest or bestiality or adultery or friends with benefit? Are we the ones to choose how to love or that it's how it is? It's really complicated. And no matter how much I crack my head, I still can't figure out any reason.

So, do you know what?

I'll just keep on loving!

No comments: